Wednesday 3 April 2013

The first scenes I shot for my music video was the projected images over Sadie lip syncing. . We played around with many different back drops and filmed in the college theatre which I booked especially as I wanted to use the large white backdrop and projector.

1.My first idea was for a kaleidoscope that I found on YouTube as I knew that I wanted to have a lot of mirrored imagery within my music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fIWB8o-bs.

2.I then using Google images got up an album cover for psychedelic band Tame Impala's album "Innerspeaker" which features a trippy mirrored image of a landscape. I filmed Sadie lip syncing in front of it as I thought the flowers added a feminine touch but still had the psychedelic vibe I was hoping to convey in the video.

3. I then went on Tumblr for some inspiration into other backdrops I could use and found some trippy images and GIF's which I then filmed behind Sadie. The first one was of space as I thought it would appeal to my target audience of teenage girls as "space" seems to be fashionable at the moment with shops like Topshop selling space tee's and leggings.

4. I also found a very soft and feminine GIF of pastel coloured flashing lights which fits perfectly into my music video as it has pastel colours which was my main idea from the very beginning with regards to colour themes. Throughout my video Sadie wears light, feminine and pastel coloured clothing to go with the ideology of Grimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment